- From Scotland
One of my most precious memories in Japan was when I got to meet a Capybara! I got to feed her and cuddle her and play with her. I was so happy, thinking about it makes me smile!
I can tell you all about the different breeds of pigeons and the history of their relationship with people! I love pigeons!
- What do you think is special about GnoKids compared to other kids English schools?グノキッズが他の学校に比べて、特別だと思うところはどのようなところですか？
- I think that GnoKids is a really special place because of the atmosphere! All of the teachers are able to keep in touch and communicate with each other, even if they work in different schools, so we can all come together to share ideas and create fun and engaging lesson plans! GnoKids also provides a really fun and safe environment to learn English, it’s a place where mistakes are embraced and seen as learning opportunities!
- What is most important to you when teaching children?ケイト先生にとって、お子さまを教えるときに最も重要なことはどのようなことですか？
- For me I think it’s really important to make sure that children feel safe and welcomed. I think it’s really important that children feel like they are in an environment where they can be themselves so they can grow into independent happy adults. I also think it’s important to get to know each student as an individual, to learn their preferences and their personality, so that I can cater my lessons to them! It’s also important that students get the chance to talk to native speakers in English without feeling pressured or scrutinised.
- What do you think has helped your students improve the most?ケイト先生にとって、どのようなことが一番お子さまの成長の助けになっていると思いますか？
- From my experience I think that having a fun and engaging lesson can really help students improve. If students are interested in the class, then they’re more likely to remember the content! I also find that creating routines and rituals with students helps them to relax and focus more on learning English rather than worrying about the flow of the lesson. Nothing is more harmful to a child’s learning than a boring lesson and an unpredictable lesson flow!
- Where do you want to go in the world?世界中で行ってみたいところはどこですか？
- I would love to go to Florida to see the manatees! They’re an endangered species of marine mammal that have no natural predators in the wild! They’re very gentle and kind creatures, I like to watch live streams of them on YouTube because it’s so calming.
- Where are your favorite places in Japan?日本のお気に入りの場所はどこですか？
- I love Hakone! It’s such a beautiful place with a lot of natural beauty. I really loved Owakudani because you could see all the volcanic vents, and the black eggs were super tasty! I visited Hakone during a typhoon once and the rope car was so scary because it swung so much! I also really love Kamakura! I think the temple and the pond are really nice. I like to go there to feed the ducks sometimes.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be?何か動物になれるとしたら何になりたいですか?
- I think about this question a lot… I think my answer changes depending on my mood. I think I’d like to be some kind of bird, maybe a pigeon, a swan or a duck because I want to fly.. But, I also see myself as a capybara because I love hot showers, napping and taking things slow.
- What do you like to do in your free time?自由時間には何をするのが好きですか?
- I really like drawing! I usually have some kind of project in the works. For example, in 2023 I started working on making a video game with some of my friends! There’s usually something that needs to be drawn or animated for that. I also enjoy taking long naps on the couch, eating sweets at cute cafes, and visiting places where I can see lots of animals!