- New Zealand
- Otago Polytechnic. School of Art
- Time in Japan
- Since 2018
- Time Teaching
- Since 2018
I am 194 cm tall so I am always hitting my head on doors at home and on the train!
I once starred in a TV commercial in Japan but it was only on TV in Fukushima!
- What do you think is special about GnoKids compared to other English Schools?
- GnoKids focuses on project-based learning which really helps students to understand and conceptualize the language they are learning each week; this allows them use new language in real world situations. At GnoKids we also play a lot games and crafts that are fun and enjoyable for students. I believe when students are having fun they are much more likely to take in and remember what they learn.
- What is most important to you when teaching kids?
- The most important thing when teaching children is to have fun and let kids learn through fun and engaging activities! It is also important to allow kids to express themselves freely and learn in a safe and friendly atmosphere.
- What do you think has helped your students improve the most?
- Getting to know each student on an individual level is the best way to help students to improve. Really getting to know each student allows me to help them boost their strengths and improve their weaknesses in a way that works best of them.
- What is the best thing about living in Japan?
- The best thing about living in Japan is the combination of traditional culture and ancient history contrasted with the modern convenience of life in Tokyo.
- Where is your favorite place in Japan?
- My favorite place in Japan so far has been Kyoto I love the old atmosphere, temples, shrines and old houses.
- What is your favorite food in Japan?
- My favorite Japanese food is yakiniku.
- What are your hobbies?
- I like taking long walks and bike rides around the city and exploring new areas of Tokyo. I also enjoy cooking and trying foods. My secret hobby is cleaning I clean every day sometimes twice and I love it.